Last modified: September 8, 2017
By the accessing and using our website, communicating with us through any means (including mail, telephone, text and e-mail), conducting business with us, downloading, registering with or using the Application, or providing us with information through any means, you consent to our use, disclosure, and retention of personal information we acquire about you, including sensitive information, for the purposes for which you provide it and any ancillary purposes.
If you communicate with us, conduct business with us or access or use the Application on behalf of a third party, you represent and agree that you have obtained all necessary consents to provide us the personal information of such third parties and that doing so will not violate any laws.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect and maintain information, including personal information, about you (such as name, contact details and payment information) in connection with various activities such as when you (i) request the provision of goods or services, negotiate regarding the same and order goods and services, including through the Application, (ii) download, register with or use the Application and (iii) submit a credit application and other documentation to us, including through Application. The type of information we collect about you depends on your particular interaction with us.
We collect information from and about you when you use the Application both (i) directly from you when you provide it to us and (ii) automatically when you use the Application.
Information We Collect Directly From You
The types of personal information we may collect directly from you may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Individual and business contact information (including but not limited to name, company name, shareholders, owners and ultimate beneficial owners of the business, email, telephone or fax number, address)
- Shipping information (including (i) shipping-related contact information such as the shipper’s, broker’s, agent’s and consignee’s name, email, telephone number and address, (ii) your Grove Services account number, and (iii) other information you may give to us in connection with your order)
- Payment information (including payment card details and billing address) and financial information (such as bank account number and wire transfer information)
- Tax identification number, passport number or driver’s license number
- The geographic location of your mobile device if you use any tracking features available on the Application
- Other information that you may provide to us, including in connection with your use of the Application
Information We Collect Automatically
In addition, when you use our website and the Application, we may collect certain information by automated means (including but not limited to cookies and web beacons). Such information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Usage details: traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our website or the Application.
- Device information: information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored information and files: metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
- Location information: information about the location of your mobile device.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not access or use our website, engage in business with us, download the Application (or delete it from your device immediately) or otherwise communicate with us.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). “Cookies” are small files stored on your mobile device. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies or mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your computer or mobile device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our website or the Application.
- Web beacons. Web beacons or “pixel tags” are small strings of code that may be included on websites, applications or emails and typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify users and user behavior.
Through these and other similar automated collection methods, we obtain and store information about usage patterns. We may link certain information we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you. We may also use third-party analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic and other similar information on our website or the Application.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We primarily use information about you, including personal information, to provide our broker services to you and to fulfill your requests. We may also use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us including, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- For operational needs and providing services, such as to process and collect payments and process credit applications.
- To provide customer support and communicate with you, for surveys and promotions, and to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with the Application and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us, including to broker, negotiate, arrange and track shipments.
- To improve the Application, your user experience and any other services we may provide.
- To comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies, protect against fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
- As permitted by law.
In addition, we may use information collected through cookies, web beacons and other automated means to (i) customize your visits to the Application, (ii) delivering content (including advertising), and (iii) managing our business. The Application is not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Grove Services and our service providers and third parties we collaborate with, including ad networks, may use cross-device/cross-context tracking. For example, you might use multiple browsers on a single device, or use various devices (such as desktops, smartphones, and tablets), which can result in your having multiple accounts or profiles across these various contexts and devices. Cross-device/cross-context technology may be used to connect these various accounts or profiles and the corresponding data from the different contexts and devices.
Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose information about our Users to the following persons/entities:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect about you to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Service providers and insurers. We may share information about you to contractors, service providers, and other third parties, including insurers, we use to support our business.
- Aggregate information. We may at times share aggregate information such as demographic information, domain names and other information with third parties we collaborate with.
- Business transactions. We may share information about you to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Grove Services’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Grove Services about the Application users is among the assets transferred.
- Law enforcement or legal and administrative processes or investigation. We may share information about you to comply with any court order, law, or legal process or investigation, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. We may also share information about you if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Grove Services’, our customers or others.
- Other uses. We may also share information about you to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and for billing and collection purposes.
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we collect from you. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “Contact” section below.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. If you are a user based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you should be aware that the information you provide to us, including through the use of the Application, may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the EEA. If ownership or control of Grove Services changes or if we transfer all or part of our assets or business, we may transfer your personal information, content and data to any new owner, successor, purchaser or assignee.
Our website or the Application may contain links to third-party websites for your convenience. These websites are independent from our website, Grove Services and the Application and their information collection practices may be different from ours. We have no control over the information collected by or submitted to these third parties. We recommend that you carefully familiarize yourself with the privacy policies applicable to websites or applications operated by any such third parties. We are not responsible for the content of these sites, or for any information practices of any such third parties.
Children Under the Age of 13
Children under 13 are not permitted to use the Application, and may not submit any personally identifiable information to Grove Services. Grove Services does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years old. If a child under 13 has provided Grove Services with personally identifiable information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact Grove Services immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org to delete this information.
California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use may be entitled to request and obtain from Grove Services, once per calendar year, information about customer information Grove Services has shared, if any, with other businesses for such other businesses’ own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of resident information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which Grove Services shared such resident information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please contact us at email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line of your message, or by mail to the address set forth below.
Choice of Law and Venue
CLASS ACTION WAIVER
YOU AND GROVE SERVICES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Grove Services may use your information to make business, informational and collections calls relating to our services to all telephone numbers, including cellular numbers or mobile devices, you choose to provide on your account or in registering for any of our services. You agree such calls may be pre-recorded messages or placed with an automatic telephone dialing system. In addition, you agree that Grove Services may send non-marketing service or account related text messages to cellular phone numbers you provide to Grove Services, and you agree to accept and pay all carrier message and data rates that apply to such text messages. If you choose to provide an email or other electronic address on your account, you acknowledge and consent to receive business and informational messages relating to our services at such address, including collections messages, and you represent and warrant that such address is your private address and is not accessible or viewable by any other person.
Grove Services, Inc.
380 Washington Street
Wellesley, MA 02481